I know it seems I don't post much anymore. I think about it and that is about as far as it goes. I thought with it being Thanksgiving last weekend I would post cause I have so much to be thankful for. Last Sunday we went to my Grampa's place called the Hallmark. They served us turkey dinner in a family dinning room and we didn't have to do all the dishes. It was a nice relaxing change. Then we went for a walk in the dark around Fishtrap Creek. This year has been so difficult for my Grampa.
We just completed our 6th week of school. Jess is in Grade 5, Nash is in Grade 3 and Faith is in Kindergarten. This is my 6th year of homeschooling and I am continually learning new things and new ways to teach things. We have a had 5 field trips and all our activities are well under way. We are just as busy as last year but our schedule seems way better. We even have days where we are able to be at home all day. All the kids are in swim lessons. Faith, Jess and Nash are in piano. Nash and Jess are playing soccer and go to Treasure Quest every 2nd Tuesday evening. Faith is doing Ukrainian dancing. Lil' Nate just goes with the flow but some days are harder than others for him. So far we have enjoyed a beautiful fall. Lots of playing outdoors and riding bikes and with both little kids now off training wheels we go on alot of bike rides. We are so thankful for our neighborhood and all our friends. We have also begun skating as a family. Faith and Nate had never been and are doing really well. Another bonus of homeschooling when can go and skate when everyone else is in school. There is a little rink close to us that is always open. Mark is now assistant store manager at the Save On close to us. He has gone on to 2 hunting trips this fall and just brought home a buck. He is so great at providing for us here on the home front.
1 comment:
I really admire moms such as yourself who not only homeschool, but do it so well. Your kids are very blessed to have you as their mom.
Post a Comment