Family Pic

Family Pic
Dec 2010

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Disneyland Trip























I have been stalling to do this cause it seems like a big project or something cause I am so out of blogging lately. Here goes anyhow. We had a wonderful time. We went 10 hour days and it didn't feel like it. We had a four day park hopper between Disney and California Adventure. Our hotel was about a 2block walk on the same side of the street. We swam at the pool in the evenings. The kids were great!! We did all the rides and lots even 2X because there were no line ups. One ride Faith did 3x it was one of her favorites, The Jumping JellyFish. We saw all the shows we could, Aladdin, HSM 3, Fantasmic, Disney Playhouse and Jess even got to talk with Crush and do Jedi Academy. Nash and I did the roller coaster first!! It was so fun. I think I said "YEE HAW about dozen times on it. I have no idea why it just kept coming out. We met all the characters except Donald Duck, who we saw but said we would come back to him. Later we heard that his apprearances are rare. Oh well, it gives us something to look forward to for our next trip. We ate alot of junk food and fast food, slushies,hot dogs, pizza, corn dogs, cotton candy, ice cream and chirros, but boy, was it good. Nate kinda lost it when he had his chance to meet Belle. He loved her dress, of course cause it was yellow (his favorite) but he got too shy or something and then when it was too late he wanted to go back. In a few years he will be braver..he was so cute and then really was not so interested in meeting Cinderella but she told him, "Nate, use your big boy words" Never expected him to be so taken back by it all, especially the princesses. Everyone made great purchases, sweatshirts, a bag, keepsakes, stuffies, baseball hats and Tinkerbell Pollys. Yes, we have already talked about going again. The week flew by like we knew it would.

Came home to a painted house. We had hired a friend to paint the stairwells while we were out of the house but my parents and my Granpa did the rest. They even cleaned and mom washed towels and cleaned bathrooms. It was such a treat to come home to!!!

So life is back to some what normal. They kids had a field trip this week. Jess is getting ready to write some test for the government. We have enjoyed being outdoors this week. Mark is on his late weekend, so the kids and I watched Madagascar 2 for our Valentines evening but we did have a special breakfast as a family.
This month seems very busy for us on top on holidays, there is alot planned and going on.

"He is a shield to those who put their trust in
the Lord" Proverbs 30:5b

4 comments:

Christa said...

Love the pics Adrienne! Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Disneyland! One day I'll convince my husband that we need to go - he's never been before!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. Makes me want to go again myself. :)

Heidy said...

So happy for you guys. Those are such great memories. Let's get together for a cup again soon.

Ashley said...

Love the pictures! We really want to bring our children there one day. We talk about it all the time.

What a treat to come home too all of that! That was so nice.

Gabriel (my little 4 yr old) is jammin' and singing to the song on your page (Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord). We just sang it at church last night and now he is saying, "I want to go to church."